Saturday, December 16, 2006

Memories

My MIL is only 79 years old, and her memory is shot. J the Ex is having her tested to see if it's Alzheimers or some other form of dementia. But this really bites.

The worst part of this is she's aware that her memory is going. We'll be talking, and she'll get a frustrated look on her face and say "I can't remember" or "I have no idea." Yesterday, we talked about it a little. I reassured her again that her memory problems were caused by a disease, and weren't her fault. She said "I hope it gets better. When I go home, I can't keep forgetting things." It would almost be easier if her memory loss were more advanced, so she wouldn't be aware of what she's lost. Everything I've read says this is not a reversible condition. The best they can do right now is slow the progress of the disease.

Wendy had the best idea yesterday. "Knit from your Stash 2007" Golly, I need that. I just got another shipment from Trash and Treasure. My stash is out of hand, and I need to do somthing. Maybe this is it...

No comments: