Saturday, December 2, 2006

Evil Bouclé Shawl

Sometimes, life just gets to you. There's too much to do. Not enough time left for everything. What to do?

In my case, my mom and sister and I visited the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, a couple of years ago. They each decided they wanted shawls.Of course, the shawls they wanted were not put together yet. They bought yarn and patterns. I promised to make them. Thus started my reacquaintance with knitting.

I've been knitting since I was five, but had pretty much stopped. Not enough time. These patterns? Piece of cake!

Mom's was a tiny shawl, on huge needles, in a gorgeous peach coloured mohair bouclé. Done in a couple days.

Sis's was another story. It was dark blue and black. She'd chosen a feather and fan pattern. It was also mohair bouclé. HUGE bouclé. On comparatively small needles. Did I mention that it was mohair? And Black? and Dark Blue?

Thus begins the saga of the Evil Bouclé Shawl.

Just so no one gets too stressed, I'll jump to the ending. The shawl is done - two years after it went On Needle. It was evil.

The Saga follows. With pictures. (How do you photograph a dark blue and black Evil Bouclé Shawl?)

No comments: