Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's a design element

I finished the Optimum Sock (singular) last night, and wove in the ends. The orange and purple striping on the toe is cute. I did that on purpose. I planned it from the very beginning. (That's my story, and I'm sticking to it).

Then I washed the sock. I'd heard that the yarn really "relaxes" when it's washed.

Well, that's one word for it. It stretched WAAAY out, and lay there limp. On the other hand, I didn't need to block the lace in the sock. Every bit of texture just melted out. The lace is gorgeous! The sock is HUGE. It's lying there, limp as a used condom.

And, the yarn bled color like a son-of-a-gun. I never did get it to stop bleeding.

I like the texture of wool. This doesn't feel like wool.

Updates: Sheryl's hip surgery went well. The doc pinned the hip, instead of replacing it. Darn. The recovery on a replacement is a lot faster, and new hips are lasting 20 years now.

Last time I talked with the physical therapist, he still hadn't heard back from the doctor, so we don't know the status on the break in Joan's pelvis.

JtX's cold is getting better. (You know he's sick when I feel sorry for him). Dave's cold is still in full force. Beth's is getting better. I spent the night coughing.

I'm going to need to go to Joan's on Xmas morning. JtX isn't picking her up for Christmas till late afternoon. Sometimes JtX surprises me with what a good son he is. Other times, I just want to smack him.

JsT (my son's brother T, by JtX and Wife 2) is in Juvie. He failed his cocaine test. (This is a long story).

Holiday shopping is done, except for underwear for NephT (My nephew, T, who loves getting underwear for gifts. Strange child.) I'll get that after Christmas, hopefully on sale.

Two more days of work, then a long weekend.

No comments: