Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Ankle Warmers

I don't think my mom realizes what she's doing to me.

Mom took me on a cruise up the Rhône River, in the south of France recently. We cruised up and down the Rhône and the Saône rivers, and had the most incredible time.

She mentioned that her feet got cold, so I knocked out some great, warm, red socks for her, and started on some dark blue ones (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran - yummy! I think they're colors 610 and 201). I'm almost done with the blue ones, having frogged the ankles about 8 times. I tried some lovely patterns. None of which would fit over her heel.

Now, it's cold in Maryland, and her ankles are now cold too. I'm trying to decide between some short leg warmers (in spiral rib) or going whole hog and making the tube bedsocks from Knitting Vintage Socks. (They're the green ones, on the bottom left of the cover.) Decisions. Decisions.

Mom, don't you realize that your wish is my command? I have an (incredibly yummy) shawl on the needles for you right now, that you don't know about! I want to finish the blue socks! Jeesh! From years of "I don't know what I want", to "That would be nice. And that. And that. And that...) I'm pretty sure she's going to be surprised Christmas morning (which is falling on 12/28 this year....)

No comments: